HOW ELECTRIC FENCE INSTALLATION WORKS
You’ll find a plentiful supply of information on the internet about electric fence installation design. If you haven’t built an electric fence before, it might be tempting to use a suggested design without understanding how it works.
An electric fence energizer converts mains or battery power into a high voltage pulse. Never run more than one fence controller on the same fence line at one time.
Now that you know how an electric fence installation works, it is also important to bear in mind some safety precautions in order to avoid getting accidents.
An electric fence installation is a psychological barrier rather than a physical one so the outsiders must be educated to respect the fence. The pain that an intruder feels is short lived and does not physically harm him, unlike barbed wire which can cause severe cuts and long lasting pain while also damaging. When the skin makes contact with the fence the circuit is complete.
An electric fence energizer converts mains or battery power into a high voltage pulse. Once every second, the energizer releases this pulse onto an insulated fence line about. The pulse itself is only around 150 microseconds long
Safety Hints For Electric Fence Installation
- To reduce risk of electrical shock do not remove CAUTION cover. Refer to service personnel.
- Never electrify barbed wire! If they become tangled in the fence.
- If fuses higher than 1 amp or lower than 250V are used, they can damage a fence controller and void your warranty. Fence controllers that are protected with replaceable fuses use external fuse holders.
- Always disconnect battery-powered fence controllers from the battery before recharging the battery. Failure to do so may damage your fence controller and battery charger, and void your warranty.
- Never run more than one fence controller on the same fence line at one time. The pulses of short shock solid state fence controllers will be too close together and may be hazardous to people and animals.
- Never alter the design of a fence controller or substitute components. This could be hazardous to you and will void the warranty.
- Instruct all persons how to disconnect a fence controller in case of emergency. Post signs on electric fences along public roads or near residences.
- Never disconnect wires or approach a fence during lightning storms.
- Do not connect an electric fence to any other device such as a cattle trainer or a poultry trainer. Otherwise lightning striking your fence will be conducted to all other devices.
- To reduce the risk of electric shock, an AC line operated fence controller has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). If the plug does not fit fully in the outlet, reverse the plug, if it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician to install the proper outlet.
- Never connect a DC fencer to an AC power supply.
- Always check your fencer and fence line for voltage once installation is complete. The fence OK light will flash when power is on the fence.
Australian Securoty Fencing also provides high quality electric fence installation for those who want a more difficult security fencing. Check out our products and services or contact us through the information indicated on our website.